Friday, February 20, 2009

Pelicans and Langosta


I just got home and the waves are still firing off at Tamarindo at sunset at the low tide!

This morning I was in Playa Grande doing my yoga with Andrea and afterwards we looked at the waves there, but they were breaking onshore…pretty much closed out. So I decided to head back to Tam and ended up going to Langosta.

When I got there, I saw over a hundred surfers on the break. Way. But it turned out to be pelicans that were sitting amongst the surfers dining on the thousands (millions?) of sardine that were in the river mouth. A quick count and there were 12 surfers and about 150 pelicans. Only bad thing was that they were being birds and we were all targets for their…you know.

The waves were (as usual this week) awesome; breaking both right and left overhead. Even Sapos was breaking at high tide when Guchi and I paddled over.

Tomorrow looks even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment